The term cellulite refers to the lumpy, bumpy, dimply fat deposits that show up on the thighs, butts, and hips of over 90% of women regardless of size, weight, or body type. Even slender women can have cellulite.
Factors such as genetics, hormonal changes, pregnancy, poor diet, lack of exercise, slow metabolism, smoking and stress can play a big part in whether or not you have cellulite.
So, how do you get rid of cellulite? While there is no magical cure, there are numerous options for improving and reducing cellulite:
- Diet – Eat a healthy, high fiber diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables (preferably organic) and omega 3 fatty acids while reducing sugar and salt.
- Detox – Besides drinking water, drinking cranberry water aka cran-water is an excellent concoction for reducing cellulite. Just combine 4 oz. of 100% pure unsweetened cranberry juice (organic preferably) with 32 oz. of water in a water bottle and drink throughout the day. When purchasing cranberry juice – make sure to read the label! It should read only “cranberry juice” and nothing else! Cran-water works by cleansing waste from the lymphatic system while eliminating and reducing cellulite.
- Exercise – Combine aerobic exercise, such as walking or spin-cycling with strength training. Also, jumping on a rebounder (mini-trampoline) for 5 minutes a day helps to stimulate every cell in the body, aiding in reducing cellulite.
- Massage – Using a few drops of Aromatherapy Essential Oils such as sage, cypress, or juniper mixed with a carrier oil and massaging it in a circular motion into the cellulite prone areas, stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic drainage systems that break down fatty tissue. Just manually massaging and kneading the skin for a few minutes a day is an excellent way to help clean and filter out toxins.
- Skin Brushing – *Dry Skin Brushing helps to exfoliate dead skin while reducing cellulite by increasing circulation and lymphatic drainage and is one of the quickest and easiest way to break down toxins and improve your skin tone!
- Breathing – *Abdominal/Diaphragmatic Breathing is an excellent tool to stimulate relaxation and improve the flow of blood and lymph. Deep breathing purifies the blood while detoxifying the body, which is necessary for cellulite-free skin.
- Spa Cellulite Treatments – Many spas offer various body wraps as well as non surgical cellulite treatments such as Velasmooth/Velashape and Endermologie which use rollers and suction to help reduce cellulite. Or, for a less expensive option do it yourself with a Detox Body Wrap which not only eliminates toxins, but promotes inch loss, while reducing cellulite and stretch marks.
- Home Cellulite Treatments – Make a body wrap with warm coffee grounds and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, spreading on areas with cellulite, vigorously scrub grounds with washcloth or loofa and cover with saran wrap. Knead areas with a rolling pin. Leave on for 20-30 minutes, remove w
- rap and rinse with warm water.
- Camouflage – Self Tanners can help camouflage dimpled areas.
- Topical Anti-Cellulite Creams – The newer advanced products claim to help with the appearance of cellulite by stimulating cell circulaltion, melting fat deposits and moving toxins out creating tighter, more toned, youthful looking skin. Check out the hottest Topical Anti Cellulite Treatments.
The Bottom Line: To avoid or improve cellulite and for overall healthy skin, LEAD A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!!!