Americans are said to be the most self-medicated people on earth with antidepressants being the most prescribed drugs in the US. It’s estimated that 25% of all people will suffer from clinical depression at some time in their life. While moderate or severe depression can be improved with prescription antidepressants, too many Americans are taking medications to fight off normal human feelings of unhappiness rather than building coping skills to deal with their emotions.
In other cases, doctors for many years have been overprescribing antibiotics. While antibiotics generally work well for bacterial infections, antibiotics will not work on viral infections such as colds. Overprescribing has resulted in the development of bacteria that doesn’t respond to antibiotics that may have worked in the past. Overuse of antibiotics is known to cause adverse reactions while prematurely aging the immune system and is also linked to a number of illnesses.
We can rely on prescription drugs and surgery or we can rely on our body to heal itself. We need to prevent disease through fighting off free radicals that cause premature aging. It’s crucial to strengthen our immune system and rejuvenate our body with anti aging nutrients to fight disease.
Anti Aging, Health and Longevity are Enhanced Through:
- Exercise – Fitness is NOT a luxury – Fitness is a necessity! Good fitness is the path to better health, more energy, and optimal performance. This is especially true as we age! For the numerous health and anti aging benefits of exercise take a look at my “Exercise: The Ultimate Anti Aging Secret” article.
- Proper Breathing – Breathing drives the nervous system and provides 99% of our energy. Many emotional issues such as depression and anxiety result from the nervous system being out of balance. Virtually every health condition can be improved with optimal breathing. For the numerous anti aging and health benefits of optimal breathing check out my article “Diaphragmatic Breathing” – A Powerful Anti Aging Secret For Improved Health and Wellbeing.”
- Nutrition – If you want to take control of your health, proper nutrition is essential! Foods high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals will boost your energy, strengthens the immune system to fight off disease, and gives the body what it needs to stay healthy. For more information on nutrition, read my article “The 12 Healthiest Foods For Anti Aging.”
- Managing Stress – It’s no surprise that we live in a very stressful era! Many people deal with stress by overeating or other addictive behaviors such as drugs or alcohol, which only exacerbates the problem. More productive ways to deal with stress are through exercise, deep breathing, meditation, hobbies, and social interactions.
- Positive Attitude – The way you think, affects all aspects of your life. A positive attitude is not only anti aging, but makes it easier to deal with stress, worry, and negative thinking. Looking on the bright side lifts your endorphin levels, gives you more confidence, and enhances your health.
THE BOTTOM LINE: It’s never too late to start living the healthiest life you can! Start today and reap the many rewards of good health and happiness!
The term cellulite refers to the lumpy, bumpy, dimply fat deposits that show up on the thighs, butts, and hips of over 90% of women regardless of size, weight, or body type. Even slender women can have cellulite.
Factors such as genetics, hormonal changes, pregnancy, poor diet, lack of exercise, slow metabolism, smoking and stress can play a big part in whether or not you have cellulite.
So, how do you get rid of cellulite? While there is no magical cure, there are numerous options for improving and reducing cellulite:
- Diet – Eat a healthy, high fiber diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables (preferably organic) and omega 3 fatty acids while reducing sugar and salt.
- Detox – Besides drinking water, drinking cranberry water aka cran-water is an excellent concoction for reducing cellulite. Just combine 4 oz. of 100% pure unsweetened cranberry juice (organic preferably) with 32 oz. of water in a water bottle and drink throughout the day. When purchasing cranberry juice – make sure to read the label! It should read only “cranberry juice” and nothing else! Cran-water works by cleansing waste from the lymphatic system while eliminating and reducing cellulite.
- Exercise – Combine aerobic exercise, such as walking or spin-cycling with strength training. Also, jumping on a rebounder (mini-trampoline) for 5 minutes a day helps to stimulate every cell in the body, aiding in reducing cellulite.
- Massage – Using a few drops of Aromatherapy Essential Oils such as sage, cypress, or juniper mixed with a carrier oil and massaging it in a circular motion into the cellulite prone areas, stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic drainage systems that break down fatty tissue. Just manually massaging and kneading the skin for a few minutes a day is an excellent way to help clean and filter out toxins.
- Skin Brushing – *Dry Skin Brushing helps to exfoliate dead skin while reducing cellulite by increasing circulation and lymphatic drainage and is one of the quickest and easiest way to break down toxins and improve your skin tone!
- Breathing – *Abdominal/Diaphragmatic Breathing is an excellent tool to stimulate relaxation and improve the flow of blood and lymph. Deep breathing purifies the blood while detoxifying the body, which is necessary for cellulite-free skin.
- Spa Cellulite Treatments – Many spas offer various body wraps as well as non surgical cellulite treatments such as Velasmooth/Velashape and Endermologie which use rollers and suction to help reduce cellulite. Or, for a less expensive option do it yourself with a Detox Body Wrap which not only eliminates toxins, but promotes inch loss, while reducing cellulite and stretch marks.
- Home Cellulite Treatments – Make a body wrap with warm coffee grounds and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, spreading on areas with cellulite, vigorously scrub grounds with washcloth or loofa and cover with saran wrap. Knead areas with a rolling pin. Leave on for 20-30 minutes, remove w
- rap and rinse with warm water.
- Camouflage – Self Tanners can help camouflage dimpled areas.
- Topical Anti-Cellulite Creams – The newer advanced products claim to help with the appearance of cellulite by stimulating cell circulaltion, melting fat deposits and moving toxins out creating tighter, more toned, youthful looking skin. Check out the hottest Topical Anti Cellulite Treatments.
The Bottom Line: To avoid or improve cellulite and for overall healthy skin, LEAD A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!!!